Thursday, March 31, 2011

News or Nosiness?

article by:stacia_doss.
Sometimes...I get writer's block. Something usually comes to mind, but I just get stumped. Ever had a lot to say but didn't really know how to say it? Well that's how I often am when it comes to choosing the right kind of news to discuss.

What I would really like to see is how many people actually keep up with the news and where they get it. Many adults I know within my age group frequent gossip and celebrity sites for what they call "news." I've met a lot of young adults (and I'm only 22), who have been ignorant about real life issues.

If you're like me, I mainly read the news online. On one hand, these experts agree with me in the fact that a lot of people obtain the news online. On the other hand, according to these folks, many young people don't care about the news at all because it's not appealing.

I would like to know what other people think, young and old. A little over a year ago, I did a research project to find out where and how most students get their news. It mainly focused on whether or not the ability to pick and choose what type of news one wants was a good or bad thing. Check it out and see my findings:

No comments: