Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What ever happened to Allen Iverson?

written by:stacia_doss.
Before I go into where he is now, let me give a brief explanation of my history with hooper, Allen Iverson.

As a little girl, I loved the Philadelphia 76ers during the big era where they, the Lakers and the Spurs were the frontrunners for the NBA finals. I remember it like it was yesterday. Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant verses Allen Iverson ( Eric Snow, Aaron McKie, etc.).

The games got my heart racing, even back then. Iverson, however, was my favorite player.

As timed progress, I started to hear less and less about Iverson. He went to some other teams but seemed as if he was slowly fading away as he got older. But I unexpectedly came across the opportunity to meet, even interact with him.

Last season, after starting my internship with the Memphis Grizzlies, I was notified that Iverson would be a member of the team.

I could not believe someone who used to be my favorite professional basketball player was playing for the very team I worked for, but it was not for very long.

During his short time there, he said hello a couple of times. He even held the door open for me, but then he was gone.

After the drama with himself and with the team subsided, I did not hear a peep from Iverson until I saw him on television crying about finally being part of a team, the Philadelphia 76ers once again.

Shortly thereafter, I took a trip to Atlanta and saw him in a crowded "Wet Willies" restaurant hanging over the stairwell peering down. Who would have thought that I would see him again in the same place?

Now, where is former NBA star, Allen "The Answer" Iverson?

Possibly signing a 1-year deal in Turkey! Crazy, huh?

No comments: