Friday, January 21, 2011

A bunch of nothing...

written by:stacia_doss
So much has been going on politically and entertainment-wise, but I just haven't felt the need to comment on it. However, I must address a few things.

1) Repeal
2) American Idol
3) NFL

The House voted Wednesday to repeal President Obama's health care overhaul. But many say it is a waste of time. It is unlikely that it will pass in the Senate, and the president has vowed to veto it if it lands on his desk. So now I ask, what is the point? There are more than a dozen issues that should be addressed right now. It took forever for health care reform to pass in the first place. So why not try to change it? Republicans might be more successful with that strategy, but they don't seem to even want to consider that...

I boycotted against watching American Idol, which premiered this Wednesday night. With 2 new judges, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler, I wonder how the show has changed. (If you want to know my story with the show, read this.)

I have vowed not to watch NFL for a while. And if I do, I won't be cheering for anyone. During this season, I have placed myself in the position of so many other crazy fans across the world...emotionally upset over losses and terrible calls. Is it worth all that? I can honestly say, I've never felt as passionate about watching sports as I have this year. This is how I have grown to consume my time? I need to return to my old hobbies. Ha!

Oh yeah, I thought this kind of interesting...check it out: "What if John McCain had won the White House?"

No comments: