Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Walkin' in Memphis...

written by: stacia_doss.
I traveled 285 miles down the road this weekend to see the Memphis Grizzlies trample the San Antonio Spurs. (Or so I hoped that's what I would see.) Lucky for me, things went my way!

The Grizzlies ended the night and nearly began Saturday morning with a 99-91 victory over the Spurs late Friday night. The intensity in the FedEx Forum was like nothing I had ever witnessed before. Most of the people in the stands held "Believe Memphis" towels that they excitedly waved with nearly every play. It was great!

Just two days after eliminating San Antonio, Memphis moved on to start Round 2 of the playoffs against the Oklahoma City Thunder. The team took their first victory and a 1-0 lead for the start of the Conference Semi-Final playoffs with a score of 114-101 against the Thunder. This is going to indeed be a tough series for both of these young teams, but I anticipate watching the fight to victory.

No comments: