Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Every game this series

written by:stacia_doss.
...I've been away from the television, but have heard and read about Memphis playing phenomenally from either the radio, Twitter, or an app on my phone. But when I finally get to a television, things quickly have began to go somewhat awry.

Above: Marc Gasol (Grizzlies) and
Serge Ibaka (Thunder),
Courtesy of zimbio.com
Monday night, all I heard was good things. The Memphis Grizzlies had an 18 point lead over the Oklahoma City Thunder. Z-Bo, Gasol, Mike Conley and the rest of the Memphis crew were on FIRE! Then..I got home. I watched the lead quickly dwindle down before my eyes, and with the start of the second half, it appeared the lead was quickly slipping, slipping...and gone.

I looked away for a while, reading tweets frequently to update me, and I figured I would lay my head down and let the Grizzlies work their magic without my eyes on the television. Before I knew it, my followers on Twitter had tweeted "OT!" I went to sleep thinking (with confidence) "The Grizz have got this."

To my surprise, I woke up to a 133-123 Thunder win in not overtime, but TRIPLE overtime!

Charles Barkley, along with former Grizzlies' head coach Mike Fratello made a prediction before the game that whichever team won Game 4 would when the series.

Fortunately, neither one of them are fortune tellers, and I hope their prophecy does not come to life.

Besides, I feel like the versatility of the Grizzlies would be tougher competition for the Dallas Mavericks. How Dallas swept the Lakers on Sunday with a 36 point victory speaks volumes for what the team could do against the Thunder, a team that (unlike the Grizzlies), has a large majority of its points coming from two players every game.

May the best team win.

Enjoy these positive "Grizz" articles I found during my browsing today (one of them supports my argument).

*The Memphis Grizzlies Unprecedented Climb

*Mavericks Should Hope for Thunder Victory over Grizzlies

* Reasons to Believe

No comments: