Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Where's gridlock politics leave us? In the wind.

written by: stacia_doss.
Since the "shellacking" that President Barack Obama took a few short weeks ago--the switch of power in the House of Representatives from Democratic to Republican--the American people have seen no mercy and help for the suffering economy.

As the two go back and forth, failing to pass things that could help us, we are the ones suffering.

I just read an article...check out the headline..something about it seems wrong to me...

Democrats fail to pass jobless benefits extension

But as I read a little further, I realized that it was the House (which has Republican control) that failed to pass the extension, so why does the headline read like it was the fault of the Democrats? They don't even have enough power in the House of Representatives to really even make a difference anymore. I guess it is supposed to mean that "Democratic efforts fail to pass" but the headline is very misleading to me.

Check out this quote, from a Democrat:

"I don't see how Republicans can go home for Thanksgiving knowing that, because they blocked this bill, hundreds of thousands of people may not have a turkey on their table," said Democratic Representative Sander Levin, chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee.

I don't understand. The morning after the election, I wrote a piece stating that if these two parties could learn to work together for our sake (the American people) instead of going against everything, the country would be a lot better in several aspects. However, it seems like the Republican agenda is that of which I thought:To do absolutely nothing for the overall benefit of the country. Rather, the itinerary is nothing less than the slogan of "stop everything" but "do nothing". Sad day for us.

No comments: