Monday, November 15, 2010

A weekend 'For Colored Girls' and Sports

written by:stacia_doss.
This weekend, I did the usual: watched football. I sadly saw one of my college teams get trampled with zero points on their end for the final box score.

Through my observations of the quick snippets of games that the NFL Redzone showed me, I only saw
one major pass (from Vince Young) to newly acquired Randy Moss in the only NFL game I cared about watching yesterday. The Tennessee Titans fell short with a 29-17 loss to the Miami Dolphins on Sunday afternoon. 

In fact, every Tennessee football college team lost this weekend except for Tennessee Vols with a sweeping 52-14 victory over Ole Miss for their Homecoming.  

On a higher note, the Dallas Cowboys have not experienced a victory in a while, and they finally did on Sunday...against the New York Giants. Good for them, I think they needed to feel what it was like to win again.

Also, my Memphis Grizzlies held their own against the Boston Celtics on Saturday. Although they lost 116-110 in overtime, I was pretty proud of them. It's too bad I can't see them on television now that I'm not in Memphis anymore. Bummer!

One thing I did, out of the ordinary, was go to the movies to see Tyler Perry's widely talked about film "For Colored Girls"...Except, it wasn't my first time. It was my second time seeing the movie in two consecutive weekends. But it wasn't because I just loved it so much. It was because the experience of viewing something can be different based on who accompanies you..so I wanted to see it again with my mother.

I only noticed one minor detail the second time around that I hadn't the first, but that's about it..All of the buzz and debate about it that followed its premiere last weekend cluttered my mind as I watched it the second time around. It just wasn't the same...

No comments: