Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fresh Idea, NYT.

written by:stacia_doss.
Today I saw a commercial advertising the New York Times' "Weekender" newspaper.Now, I may be a little late, not sure, because I just saw this on television today and had never heard anything about it before. I think this is a great idea. The commercial is very relate-able, as it shows average Americans talking about their "Friday, Saturday, Sunday" newspaper that they so thoroughly enjoy reading. =) The only thing about it was, the specific commercial I saw only advertised to call for this paper and receive 50 percent off of an already low price. Now, I can't speak for everyone, but I am more likely to sign up for something like this online verses picking up my phone, even though the paper will be delivered in print form. I don't recall seeing any link to the website, but I saw a YouTube one that did..hmm...maybe if that was the one I'd seen today, I would have actually been enticed enough to go online and sign myself up. Anyway, this seems like a good approach to keep printed, hand-held newspapers alive.Good job, NYT

No comments: