Monday, June 27, 2011

A True American Idol audition

My American Idol audition wristband.
written by: stacia_doss.
Last year, I got a taste of what it was like to experience the hectic, annoying process of auditioning for American Idol. Well the photo illustrates my plastic, Glad-wrapped wrist band. I am giving this a whirl again. I said "why not!" since the show is basically coming to audition in the city I live in. This time I am entering the process with different expectations.

1) I got my wristband extra early the first day they began handing them out. Doing so will guarantee me an earlier audition. Tickets are distributed with the wristbands. Last year, I was unaware and came when I could (late). There was no line, so I wondered where all the people auditioning were. The smart ones had gotten their bands before the late time I arrived, and I received a nosebleed ticket. Therefore, I spent about 12 hours waiting to audition. My ticket last year was in section two hundred something. This year it's 115.

2) I know when to wake up on audition day...and it certainly won't be at 3:30-4a.m. like last year. We didn't actually even enter the building until about 8:30-9 or so, and the auditions began pretty late. All the screaming and pointless waiting outside is just for t.v., folks. So I'm sleeping in a bit this year. The audition is my main goal, so that's all I'm really trying to do (minus the cheering and sitting in the heat part).

3) (As photographed), I wrapped my wristband with Glad wrap, because I was told it wouldn't get wet this way. It's fading a little and the lady put it on quite tightly. Tuesday can't come fast enough!

I'm hoping that this time I don't get the short end of the straw and that I don't end up at a table that is looking for "weirdos" with little to no talent like I did last time.

This post right here pretty much explains the WHOLE process, and I've been through it. So, I'm confident about going into it a different way this time around!

No comments: