Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tired of not hearing back from Employers?


article by:stacia_doss.
So am I! As I continue to apply for numerous jobs, I often hear not even a peep back from any of the employers for the positions of which I've applied. Hearing nothing at all back is even more of a bummer in an already depressing job search.

I recently found out from a helpful former employer that the follow-up is often beneficial when it comes to hearing back from them. I actually found that advice to be true recently. Although, I wasn't chosen for the position, my follow-up letter yielded a response from the employer. This was actually only my second time sending a follow-up letter. (Both times have resulted with a response.)

I found out why I was not chosen and was given thanks for my application, with some encouraging words as I continue my employment hunt. That's a whole lot more than I had before. Thumbs up for follow-ups!
Here is a helpful way to write a follow-up e-mail that I recently found online (courtesy of David Green).

-Put your full name and the title of the position you've applied for in the subject line.
-Write a professional note that reiterates your qualifications and interest in the job.
-Attach your resume again. (Don't make the recruiter have to dig though old e-mails to look for it.)
-Include your full name in the file name of your resume.
-Don't forget to proofread carefully before you hit "Send"!

I hope it helps you out as much as it helped me!



No comments: