Friday, July 23, 2010

Memphis Grizzlies..Bright future?

written by: stacia_doss.
I must admit that I haven't been following the Summer league progression of the Memphis Grizzlies. At first, I didn't want to, honestly. But I feel like I finally understand their draft choices and recent acquirement of players. I definitely think this young team will be a better and stronger one than it was this past season.

For the 2009-2010 season, the team performed very well. Coach (Lionel) Hollins did a great job with them, but a large part of what hurt the team was the lack of points from the bench. Also, getting the flow of chemistry between players just right after the dramatic and short Iverson era. This explains why the team has recently signed a number of guards.

The newest signee is Tony Allen, former Boston Celtics guard. He joins other new players Greivis Vasquez and Xavier Henry with hopes to lead Memphis a step further this season. I hope that with the recent additions, the players will take the Grizzlies franchise into the playoffs.

I see all the potential and I have faith in them.=)

Check out what Pete Pranica had to say, so far, about the Summer league with Memphis here.

No comments: